Date and time: Wednesday, June 10 2016 from 14.00 to 15.30 Geneva time
Venue in Geneva: IFRC, 1 Route de Pré-Bois, 1214 Vernier, Switzerland
Objective of the meeting: Identify and discuss some key issues arising from the field and review progress on the 2016 Global Shelter Cluster activities.
This Mid-Year Teleconference was attended by 30 participants from 17 organisations. The main topics dealt with were:
- Updates on key issues from the field on:
- The lack of perceived importance of shelter and its coordination and the consequences of this lack of recognition.
- Support to shelter cluster partners on cash and shelter and need for awareness raising on challenges to meet shelter objectives with unconditional cash.
- Updates from the GSC on the progress made by its Working Groups
- Update and discussion on the World Humanitarian Summit and its implications for shelter.
- Update on the GSC meeting and the GSC Strategy review
- Launch of the GSC HelpDesk and Communities of Practice.
More detailed information can be found in the minutes here