South Sudan - Factsheets

November 2020

  • In 2020, the cluster identified about 2 million of South Sudanese are in needs of the Emergency Shelter and Non-Food Items (ES-NFIs) assistance. Of this, the Cluster targeted about 1 million of populations will receive ES-NFI assistance, through in-kind distribution, cash/voucher Assistance (CVA) and integrated settlement programming, this includes the new displaced population, protracted displacements, returnees, host communities and those who are affected by the natural hazards. The Cluster has requested about USD 36 million of funds to be able to reach this population.
  • 38 partners
  • $36.0 M (51%) required (funded)
  • 2.0 M / 1.0 M / 0.8 M people in need / targeted / reached

March 2020

  • In 2020, the cluster identified about 2 million of South Sudanese are in needs of the Emergency Shelter and Non-Food Items (ES-NFIs) assistance. Of this, the Cluster targeted about 1 million of populations will receive ES-NFI assistance, through in-kind distribution, cash/voucher Assistance (CVA) and integrated settlement programming, this includes the new displaced population, protracted displacements, returnees, host communities and those who are affected by the natural hazards. The Cluster has requested about USD 36 million of funds to be able to reach this population.
  • 38 partners
  • $36.0 M (3%) required (funded)
  • 2.0 M / 1.0 M / 0.2 M people in need / targeted / reached

December 2019

  • Heavy rains that affected the entire horn of Africa and heavily affected South Sudan from July – October 2019 caused abnormal seasonal flooding in large areas of South Sudan, displacing many families and disrupting livelihoods of approximately 908,000 people of which approximately 70,000 households (420,000 individuals) were in immediate need of humanitarian assistance.
  • 26 partners
  • $30.0 M (81%) required (funded)
  • 2.0 M / 1.0 M people in need / targeted

March 2019

  • About 1.9 million people, mostly in deep field locations, protection of civilian (PoCs) and collective sites, and those returning from the neighboring countries are not able to meet their basic shelter and household needs.
  • 26 partners
  • $30.0 M (17%) required (funded)
  • 2.0 M / 1.0 M people in need / targeted

December 2018

In 2018, 1.67 million people in South Sudan are still in need of Shelter/NFI assistance. As per the Humanitarian Response Plan (HRP), the cluster will target 1.08 million affected population by the ongoing conflict in South Sudan; 70% of them will be served through in kind distribution while the rest, 30%, will be reached through Cash Based Interventions (CBIs).

  • 24 partners
  • $33.8 M (32%) required (funded)
  • 1.7 M / 1.1 M people in need / targeted

July 2018

In 2018, 1.67 million people in South Sudan are still in need of Shelter/NFI assistance. As per the Humanitarian Response Plan (HRP), the cluster will target 1.08 million affected population by the ongoing conflict in South Sudan; 70% of them will be served through in kind distribution while the rest, 30%, will be reached through Cash Based Interventions (CBIs).

  • 24 partners
  • $33.8 M (26%) required (funded)
  • 1.7 M / 1.1 M people in need / targeted